Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jude. 10. Cell phone. I won't make my child the ugly duck.



I won't make my child the ugly duckling.


 Giving a phone to a young child has been very controversial for a decade and smart phones have added fuel to this. Possible concerns from the people against the idea to give cell phones to children are: its addictive nature, its physical and mental harmfulness, and the fact it isolates people. These are definitely some factors that we have to consider in advance and not issues to be afraid of, before we give our child a cell phone. What if parents don't buy the child a cell phone? Wouldn't they be the only ugly duckling among a lot of 'Galaxy's? If you are still considering buying your child a cell phone, here I have some tips to help your decision. I swear I wasn't bribed by your son, Luis from Mexico. Oops!

Buy me a cell phone! Otherwise I will skip dinner!
                                  
 First, buy a cell phone for the safety of your child! A cell phone is a great tool that enables parents to contact their child without any limitation in time or distance; parents can know if their child is fine at all times when they want to know by calling or using GPS. The children who feel that they are under parents' observation and affection might not want to go inappropriate places. Cell phone prevents your child from danger and keep them safe. 
  


  Secondly, don't let your child be the ugly duckling. There should be an understanding of generation gap between parents and children. How would your child feel when he/she has no cell phone but the rest have? That wouldn't be great. Your child will not be able to have common interest with his/her friends and finally will give up to be a part of the group. Since they are too young, they do not understand the 'difference' and bullying caused by lack of unification often happens. 



 Finally, cell phone is a compact gadget of many gadget. I would like to call cell phone 'genie lamp.' I use a cell phone frequently for good purposes; for example, to listen to music, to take notes, to look for a word, to amuse myself, to find out time, to read articles and to learn interesting facts.  








2 comments:

  1. Who is that handsome man in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. He is my friend from Mexico. Good friend but not a good son.. I assume.. kkk

      Delete