Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Julia #1 - Past, Present, Future

If I could choose anytime to live, I'd probably choose to live in the past. Even though nowadays we are technologically more advanced and some minorities are now getting more space, the idea of seeing with my own eyes and experiencing the old lifestyle is something that I'm really interesting in.

World War II is something that I have always liked to read about, so I would probably choose to live in that period. When the American men started to fight at the war, some companies (specially the ones in charge of building airplanes and equipment for combat) were in need of workers. Since the men were sent to the battlefields, women started to be hired to work on what was then known as "man's jobs". I would like to work at those factories and see what women at that time had to say and they used to think about, since they were never given much space to do it.


Maybe, the main reason why I'd choose to live during a war period is because that way I would be able to compare my life now and the life I'd have then. Sometimes we don't appreciate our lives and we think everything is too hard. In my opinion, living during in a hard period would teach me to deal with problems and keep going, because there are worse things in life.

Another aspect is the cultural differences. The kind of music they used to listen to, the movies, the books and  how they used to behave. Even though at that time there wasn't as many medical advances or much space to be an independent woman, I'd really like to be part of that for some time.



No comments:

Post a Comment