Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mayra-15-Bullying



Discrimination: another face for Bullying

Nowadays, bullying is a controversial problem because it is a common situation in different social groups. There are many ways for bullying to show itself and this isn't only in the school. We can know that bullying has different faces, such as discrimination of race or gender. But which position we can take when we are witnessing or become the victims of this.

In my opinion, when I'm a witness of the bullying  I feel impotent and angry because I'm there and sometimes I can't do anything. I just stand there looking at people who have the problem without taking part. When that happens to me, my reaction is completely different. I have had a bad experience, for example, one day my friends and I were waiting to cross the street, when suddenly a guy said to us: "You are Latin people, I can recognize you from your faces. If I had a gun, I would shoot you...". That was so weird and all of us were in shock, nobody said anything and people around us just looked at us with  indifferent faces,  showing they don't care. That day, I realized that I have done the same thing when something similar happened and I was a witness of that.

I think, almost all people including  me want to do something, but we're afraid because of the reaction of people around us or simply we are in shock and we don't know what to do or how to react. But also there are many people who don't stay  silent and try to help the victims. When that happen almost everybody wants to help, we need to see that somebody else takes the risk to help too.

Now, we should be aware about this kind of bullying and take part of this because if we don't allow that, our interaction as a society will be better. It doesn't matter your race or gender. We're human beings and we must respect each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment