Monday, August 13, 2012

CARMEN-4-I WISH LIVED IN PEACE

I WISH FOR THE RETURN OF PEACE




The city where I live, Tampico, was a peaceful city where nothing happened; journalists had trouble to find some news for their papers, but nowadays, this is completely different. The violence of the drug trafficking has reached us. Every day we hear about shootings on streets and acts of extreme cruelty against people who work for different  drug gangs or against Innocent citizens. The kidnapping is usual on Tampico streets, young men are in danger because these gangs need people that work for them and young women are in danger too because they rape or kidnap them to get money. There is no law on streets and the citizens look like they are alone against the crime. We can't get out of our homes at night or travel by car because it is dangerous. I wish I could live in peace, not be afraid to be assaulted or kidnapped. I wish  Tampicos' citizens could regain peaceful and serenity that we used to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment