Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Elaine-2-In the teacher's shoes

I was asked to pretend to be a teacher and deal with my students being distracted by devices. So, let's do it!?

___________________________________________________________________________________


Hi! My name is Elaine, but you can call me Miss Hira. I'm a teacher of digital game programming and today I'm gonna tell you a story that happened last week. Well, as usual, I gave my students 30 minutes to develop an idea of a new environment to be used in a logic game. In the mean time, I was in front of my computer analyzing the following activity.
All of a sudden, I heard some giggles. I decided to ignore them. Erm, giggles again! Uh, I only looked at them and kept doing what I was doing. Then, the giggles were louder!! Oh, boy! What those students were doing? Let's see: Willy was texting on his cellphone; Nicky was you-tubing some party's video; Jessy, chatting on Facebook while Vikky was concentrating on his camera. Oh my goodness! I just couldn't stand that! I started yelling at them so angry and annoyed... (OK, I confess: I did swear too) that the class went to a complete silence! Or almost complete, if it wasn't the whimper of Anny.


Gosh, what had I done? But they were wrong, right? They did deserve it, didn't they?
(PAUSE)
Oh, well... yeah, I think I exaggerated, eh!

But look at my situation: I was so upset because none of them had remembered my birthday (that it was that day) and moreover, they were not even doing their task at least not to bother me talking with my sister on Fac.... (opsy, I admit! I was also logged in!)



Suddenly, Youngy entered in the classroom with a beautiful cake (Willy had sent him a text message to do so), Nikky played the "Happy Birthday" song from the You Tube video while Vikky was taking some pictures of that moment. When I looked at my screen I had just received a very nice message from Jessy!



Such a surprise! I was not expecting that! They definitely melted my heart. Uh, Anny was still crying! I shouldn't have yelled at them like I did.  And, of course, despite being my birthday, the direction gave me a pep talk about the misbehavior! In the end, everybody shared the cake and we had a sweet end! ;)


________________________________________________________________________________


Conclusion of the story: I am just glad that I have Nasser as my teacher and not me!










No comments:

Post a Comment