Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Elaine-12-a letter to myself

Elaine,

I feel like I had the obligation to write this letter to you, after all we lived together for 23 years and I couldn't leave without saying good bye. It is hard to admit that I won't miss you, but it is easy to understand why. You made me depressed and lazy, and now I don't have anything because of you. Every time I was curious about something, wanted to try a new thing or had a new idea, you came to demotivate me. Every time I was doing things good, you did something to make me quit. I really thought you were a good companion. But if you look clearly, we never had a serious talk; you never told me about your feelings; and now, I feel like you are a stranger to me; it is like I don't know you, because everything we had was superficial. 

When I look back, I see how good you could have been, but you just missed every opportunity you had. You always thought you were funny, but your jokes were nothing more than sick jokes that upset people. You used to think that you knew everything, but look at you now: a 8-year-old kid is smarter than you! Moreover, don't you ask yourself why you never had friends? You were always alone and the only thing you have in life - your family - you never knew how to appreciate them. Wake up, girl! Look what your are doing with your life! But I guess you are too lazy to try to change things, huh!

Well, I realized that you were not good in my life, so I'm moving on. I'm a new person now! I feel more confident, and I also have some goals in life. Do you know what goals are? (See, you taught me very well to be ironic!) I feel very happy not having you in my life anymore. But I'm not saying this to upset you. The point of this letter is to motivate you to be a better person, because even though you were not a good influence on me, I still care about you. I wish the best for you, and I hope you can move on as I did! Sorry for saying that I don't want to see you again in my life... but as you know me, I'm very blunt! 

Good bye,

New you



No comments:

Post a Comment