Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Denise- living alone or with a roommate

                        Don’t Leave Me Alone, Just Give Me Some Privacy!


Preference to live whether alone or with a roommate depends on the person’s personality. There are some people who can not sleep alone, like my sister. But also there are some people who can easily wake up by
quiet footsteps, like me. This is the most important reason that I prefer to live alone.

When I moved to Istanbul, I rented an apartment with a person who was introduced to me by one of my close friends. We had not met before but we both needed a roommate at that time. Istanbul is an expensive city so it was nice to have somebody who can share all the apartments’ expenses with you. All positive thoughts about the idea of having a roommate were changed in a day. When I saw the mess in the kitchen after she cooked
and heard the noise she made on our first night, I knew that we’re not going to have a long history together.

I was planning to move as soon as possible.That’s why I was trying to save some money which took 3 months. In this period we had arguments about cleaning the house. I think it’s the most common reason of falling apart
with the roommates. She was such an untidy person and I felt sick and tired seeing her stuff in all over in the apartment. In addition to that she never cared about the rule ‘clean the bath tub after yourself’.

 If you have a roommate you always have to consider that person’s comfort. Unfortunately she didn’t care
about this aspect. Whenever she had some friends, I left the house or just stayed in my room to give them some space. My roommate wasn’t a social person so she was spending most of her time at home. When my friends came to visit me, she was sitting with us while staring at us in a weird way. She didn't let us talk about our private things. Because of  these weird attitudes I couldn’t invite my friends to my apartment as much as I wanted.

It’s ironic, but I also don’t like being alone. Yes, I prefer to live alone it’s because I want to have a party whenever I want! So, my dream is leaving in a beautiful apartment alone and being with my friends in comfort. I don't need to be alone, I just need my own private space whenever needed.







No comments:

Post a Comment