Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mayra-4-Vancouver Homeless

Homeless looking at you...


I have been living in Vancouver for three months and the first time I saw a homeless on the street, I was really scared if some of them talk to me, and I'm still scared, because of them.That was my first feeling, but suddenly after some weeks when I was walking on the street, one of them asked me for some coins and for one moment I thought, what will this person do with the money? He looked young, but he had a really bad physical aspect.

I was thinking about it a lot of time, when I finally realized that some of them are asking for money to buy drugs, cigarettes or food. I have felt the feeling when they ask you for money and you only answer I don't have or I can't help you. Sometimes I felt really bad about it, because I want to go back and give them some coins and I start thinking, if I had gone back, he would have bought food, but then I think, they don't spend the money only on food and I don't have to feel bad, but that is impossible to me and I ask to myself, why we don't do anything to help them?

Moreover, I thought that some of them decided to live on the street, because they don't want to work or maybe they had problems with their families or just for the drugs, but seriously I don't like to look at them for not to feel that kind of felling, also I had a really bad experience with one of them, my friends and me were waiting to cross a street, when suddenly a homeless started to talk to us and he said, you are Latin people, I hate you, if I had a gum I would kill you... that day I felt afraid and so carefully when they are close to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment