Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bahar - #5 - Children & Cellphones

Children with Cellphones


     Today, we have been witnessing children having cellphones, playing games, texting, using the Internet and spending most of their time on technological gadgets. Besides the advantages, there are disadvantages and risks about these non-real tools they use.

     Firstly, the most recent research show that using cellphones is harmful not only for children but also for adults. Therefore we should keep away from these tools which spread radiation, as much as possible. The brains of children are more fragile and the sooner they start using cellphones, the more risk of brain cancer there would be.

     Apparently, most parents who allow their children use cellphones say that it feels more comfortable knowing where their kids are and what they are doing. This idea doesn't seem to be an excuse to me as I was raised without a cellphone and I am still alive. I would prefer trusting my children and convincing them to spend more time with their family and at safe places. Other than that, I would let them develop the ability to take care of themselves in case of difficulties.

     On the other hand, if we listen to children, they want to have cellphones to mainly communicate with their friends. Because it has become a trend among children and cellphone has become a must for them. They push their parents to buy one and in the end parents cannot resist the pressure.

     Therefore, there is no turning back. It is impossible for the ones who are against children use of cellphones. I am sure there is more to come. I am worried that they will start driving at the age of 10 and parents won't be able to stop this trend as they couldn't stop their children use cellphones.

     Before world starts getting unfairly equal for all ages, I hope a solution can be found. I still have hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment